Total Pageviews

Monday 21 February 2011

Stress, Who Wants Some?

I didn't mention before, but right before Christmas (Christmas Eve to be precise) I lost my job. Never a good thing to happen and especially worse as we live in a depressed area of the country, during one of the worst recessions on record. Obviously, this has caused much stress and angst between myself and Boney. However, Boney has taken the situation pretty well, considering.
Last Wednesday, we got the good news that I would be getting a new job, for a large national energy supplier, selling their product. As part of the induction, training and accreditation that's required for the job, I have to go away for a week on a residential course. This was given a mixed reaction by Boney. I have no idea why...
During the ensuing days that have now passed since the news, her behavior has gotten pretty strange, to say the least. Today for example, she kicked off because I hadn't cleaned the bathroom in the same way as she would have done, this then descended into an argument encapsulating all the issues that I have mentioned here on the blog, but also problems from many years ago, back when we were first dating! The thing that has also grated, is the fact the fact that we've been stressed has completely put family planning squarely on the back burner. It's been a nightmare. We know that for us to be able to join the legions of happy couples who have children, we need to be able to make that time for one another. But when life throws a curve like we had in December, it puts a massive spanner in the works.
We know that we're in a strong bond with one another, because even after all the recent downs we have had, we are still committed to one another. But maybe in reality, we should actually be committed...lol...
But seriously, I know there are others out there who have and are going through the same issues as we are, so I have a question to any of you who are reading my ramblings, how did you/are you coping with the problems that these things throw at you?

No comments:

Post a Comment